Personalized service is a major benefit of banking at Quaker Oats Credit Union, and you don’t have to sacrifice convenience to get it. Take advantage of QOCU’s shared branching services through CO-OP Shared Branch and you can access your account at any of 5,100 credit union branches nationwide.
How Does Shared Branching Work?
The national CO-OP Shared Branch network links participating credit unions electronically, allowing credit union members to do “branch banking” even when the branch near you doesn’t belong to QOCU. This is a huge benefit to QOCU members who live – or travel – outside of Cedar Rapids. Wherever you are across the country, chances are good there’s a shared branch near you.
What types of transactions can I complete?
When it’s convenient for you, we ask that you continue to conduct business at our office, through an ATM, or via home banking. However, when those locations are not convenient for you…
You can conduct the following transactions at CO-OP Shared Branch locations:
- Make deposits and withdrawals
- Transfer funds
- Make loan payments
- Purchase official checks*
- Access MasterCard® funds*
*These services are not available at all locations.
Must have your member number and a valid government issued photo ID present when visiting a Shared Branch location. The address on your ID must match the address that QOCU has on file.
Services that cannot be done at a CO-OP Shared Branch:
(Please visit the QOCU office for these services)
- Become a member of a credit union
- Add new services or accounts
- Order checks
- Make changes to your accounts, including name and address changes
- Negotiate Third party checks
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my funds from checks I deposit be available immediately? Funds will usually be made available immediately on Government Checks, Federal Reserve or Federal Home Loan Bank Checks, US Postal Money Orders, Payroll Checks up to $2500. All other items will be subject to check holds. If a hold is put on at a CO-OP Shared Branch, members may contact QOCU to request that the hold be removed. Holds cannot be removed by the staff at the CO-OP Shared Branch.
- Is there a fee for using a CO-OP Shared Branch? Members can make a total of four individual transactions per day at a CO-OP Shared Branch at no charge. Each additional transaction beyond the four per day will be charged $1.50. Examples of individual transactions include a check deposit, cash withdrawal, loan payment and account transfer.We’re pleased to offer this service to our members, however in order to keep our usage fees manageable, we ask that you continue to conduct business at our office, through a Privileged Status ATM or via Online Banking whenever it’s convenient to do so.
- How can I locate a CO-OP Shared Branch? To find a CO-OP Shared Branch near your home, office, or in a city you’re traveling to, simply call 1-888-SITE-CO-OP(888-748-3266). You can also visit www.co-opsharedbranch.org or download the Shared Branch Locator app for iPhone or Android to find branches nearest you. (Due to COVID-19 contact the shared branch location prior to your visit to verify that they are participating in shared branching at this time)